Since our launch in 2015 we have achieved some key milestones:
Awarded 20 AREF Research Development Fellowships
- Our Fellows are diverse, coming from 9 different African countries: Nigeria, Cameroon, Madagascar, Kenya, Uganda, Senegal, Malawi, The Gambia, and Ghana. Placements have been arranged in 15 world-class institutions across the UK, South Africa and Sweden
- Find out more about the AREF Fellows here
Held 3 Essential Grant-writing Skills workshops
- 81 participants from 21 African countries took part, accessing information and expertise to improve their ability to write winning grant proposals.
- Click here to see a gallery of films and photographs from AREF’s Essential Grant-writing skills workshops:
Created networking opportunities
- Seven of our new Fellows joined together with the European & Development Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) in Lusaka, Zambia to share experiences and give support to one another; expanding our aims for collaboration and best practice.
- Four of our Fellows attended 7th Multilateral Initiative on Malaria Pan African Conference in Dakar from 15-20 April 2018. They had an opportunity show case their research exploits, share experiences and novel ideas as well as establish new research collaborations.
- NB: We may also state a few more networking events if relevant.