AREF-Sponsored Scholarships are available for an Introductory Course in Epidemiology & Medical Statistics (The Gambia)
Applications are open to clinicians and other graduates who work in medical research units, academic departments or health services for a three-week sponsored course focussing on the design and interpretation of epidemiological studies.
Course dates: 11 – 29 November 2019
Venue: MRC @ LSHTM, The Gambia
Course Fees: £3,450
- No previous formal training in epidemiology or statistics is required
- A good command of the English Language is required
- The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Apply for your place in the course via this link https://www.lshtm.ac.uk/study/courses/short-courses/epidemiology-statistics-gambia#overview
Up to five AREF Scholarships are available to pay for fees, accommodation and reasonable travel. The scholarships will be awarded only to applicants whom the course leaders identify as meeting the eligibility and quality criteria for acceptance to the course.
AREF will give priority to
(1) Current and previous AREF Fellows and Workshop participants who demonstrate a compelling plan for applying new learning gained from the course
(2) Ensuring equitable access for women and men, and for applicants from relatively disadvantaged research-settings.
Funding application forms are available for download here
Interested applicants may submit a complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16.00 hours GMT on 11th September 2019.