AREF funding opportunities
Currently open or upcoming calls
EXCELL Researcher and Leadership Development Programme
The Excell programme is open to universities and internationally-recognised research institutions based in Sub-Saharan Africa. This 2-year programme will enable 20 individual researchers from participating research institutions to realise their health research and leadership potential. Click here for more details on how to apply. The call deadline is the 15th of March 2018.
You can find out about AREF Awards competitions that are now closed and who the awardees were:
- The EDCTP-AREF Joint Preparatory Fellowship call (2017, now closed)
- The 3rd AREF Research Development Fellowship call (2017, now closed)
- The 2nd AREF Essential Grant Writing Skills Workshop (May 2017, now closed)
- The 2nd AREF Research Development Fellowship call (2016, now closed)
- Who has already won an AREF Fellowship
Other funding opportunities
If you are interested in receiving information from AREF about opportunities from other funding bodies that are open to emerging health researchers in Africa, you call follow us on Twitter.